The Housing loan programs offer Band members loan opportunities to assist in construction of a new home or renovating your existing home by way of affordable loans and available services. Our staff is here to assist you with housing related questions.
Coordinator – Nancy Soney email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant – Chasity Sands email: email@example.com
Reception – Jessica Dodge
Algonkin Manager – Gail Pinnance
Algonkin Security – Anthony Williams
New Construction loans
Home Maintenance guides
Band Rental Program
Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation (CMHC) services
Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program
Home Adaptations for Seniors Independence
The eligibility for the above programs are as follows:
- Be a Walpole Island Band member
- Be of the age of legal age, 18 years of age
- Must own the land for the proposed new construction or renovation
- If there are arrears, a payment plan must be in place and regular payments being made to the Housing Department
- Adhere to the WIFN Housing Policy for the duration of the loan
- Additional criteria must be met in the case of CMHC programming
How can the community help?
It is much easier if community members can schedule an appointment to address their concerns. Appointments to speak with housing staff are always welcome. Members in rental housing, who need repairs, please drop in and fill out a maintenance request form.
Please make regular payments. By making your housing payments, this community will be able to ensure that the program will be here to help our future generations and increase the availability of housing funds.